Monday, July 24, 2017

Trudeau really means sameness when he speaks of diversity

July 22, 2017

By former MP Ken Epp

I woke up very early this morning, and started thinking about a bunch of different things. Of course, I was thinking of the “Unity” vote today, ...and the history that led us to this place. The media has been abuzz regarding the “bad” influence that the “so-cons” have. That led me to this thought: The “diversity” cool-aid that Justin Trudeau and his colleagues, the leftist politicians and media want us to drink is the largest concoction of hypocrisy that could be invented. Trudeau’s favorite phrase is, “We are not strong in spite of our diversity; we are strong because of our diversity.” This is hogwash. Trudeau doesn’t believe this, nor do all the others espousing this idea. It is clear to me that it is not diversity they are seeking – it is SAMENESS! They want us all to be like them. They want us all to accept, unquestioningly, their wrong-headed, anything-goes life philosophy and belief that they espouse. Any dissenting thought is roundly castigated and punished. That is NOT diversity!

Here are two obvious examples:


In the last election campaign, Trudeau declared that no-one that disagreed with his view on abortion would be permitted to run as a candidate for the Liberal Party. Hey! Some people think it is okay to “terminate a pregnancy” (such polite, impersonal terminology.) Others believe, as I do, that it is the termination of the life of a living human being. There is overwhelming scientific and other evidence for this point of view. But is this diversity in belief tolerated and encouraged? No. Everybody in Canada is forced to believe exactly as they do, even being compelled on threat of jail time, to fund this deliberate killing with our tax dollars. No diversity here! They are calling for universal conformity.


The next example is in the belief regarding marriage. There are some who believe that you can “love” and hence be married to a person of the same gender, more than one person at a time, or some other combination. Others, including me, have a deeply held belief that marriage can only be the “Union of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others.” It is a holy union, founded in antiquity, and upheld through the ages until recently. Am I permitted to have this now diverse opinion? No! I am being forced to comply with their beliefs. If I fail to do so, I am the object of much derision, name-calling, and even punishment. If I express my beliefs, a firmly held conviction based on history and my belief in the Scriptures, I am ridiculed out of the debate, drawn into a human rights tribunal, fined, and/or imprisoned. I am labeled a “bigot” and a “homophobe.” Where does that come from? By the way, “homophobia” is a misnomer. “Homo” means “same.” A “phobia” is an irrational fear. Neither apply. Who is the same as me? A heterosexual human male. I do not fear such a person. And if you use the new definition which really is “homosexual” I don’t fear them either. I don’t have either a rational or irrational fear of them. (If I did, why did I actively try to befriend two of my parliamentary colleagues who were self-declared homosexuals?) Where is the diversity? I thought that this diversity was to give us strength. (LOL)


So, friends, I think we should wake up and recognize the “diversity maxim” for what it is. It’s a huge diversion from freedom of speech and thought, freedom of religious belief, and freedom from harassment. It does not have as its goal to unite us, but rather to divide us.


Rick Warren sums it up perfectly in his statement: “Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.”


Oh how I wish that we could have political leaders who would forget about trying to appease the “other side.” Instead, what we need are leaders who will champion our right to respectful dissenting thought and expression. We are confusing “tolerance” with “celebration.” I tolerate and love my friend who is a hopeless alcoholic, but I feel no compulsion to celebrate his lifestyle. I have many friends who do not attend the church I attend, but they totally tolerate me. It is not necessary to celebrate with me to live in harmony with me. Similarly, I should have the right, respectfully to not march in a homosexual parade. Why should I be forced to celebrate that in which I do not believe? Similarly, there should be total freedom of choice in the matter of our political leaders as to whether they march in a “Gay parade.” Some will; some won’t. Why should we shower them with hateful epithets if they choose not to?


Diversity. As currently presented, it’s a harmful myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment