Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The law of Unintended Consequences

I have created a new website to go along with my blog. I will use this site to post articles when needed, so I can easily refer to them when necessary.

The first article I would like to link to is Ken Epp's "The truth about Bill C-484: A compassionate and constitutionally valid remedy to current injustice in Canadian criminal law". It is a response to the Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada which claimed that C-484 would "endanger abortion rights and women's rights by establishing fetal personhood". I have obtained permission from Mr. Epp to post his article here:
http://sites.google.com/site/runwithlifeblog/home/unborn-victims-of-crime

The fact that I have become a vocal advocate for the unborn started with the debate that ensued after Mr. Epp introduced "The Unborn Victims of Crime Act" (Bill C-484) in the fall of 2007.

There were very loud protests coming from those who claimed to be "pro-choice." It was obvious to anyone that actually read the bill that because it did not outlaw abortion, but rather the bill sought to: "amend the Criminal Code by making it an offence to injure, cause the death of or attempt to cause the death of a child before or during its birth while committing or attempting to commit an offence against the mother" it wasn't an anti-abortion bill at all. In fact, abortion was explicitly excluded from the bill "for greater certainty."

Because it did not tamper with a woman's so-called "right to choose" abortion whenever and wherever and for any reason or no reason at all, it was a pro-choice bill. I could only conclude that the vehement opposition to the bill was because those people opposing it weren't really pro-choice. They were, in fact, pro-abortion.

At the time I wrote a few letters to the newspapers (that were published) supporting the bill. As I followed the abortion debate that ensued since that time and up to the present, I am convinced many of these very loud vocal persons in the so-called "pro-choice" crowd are in fact pro-abortion. And so this year I started my pro-life blog.

I guess I should thank these pro-abortion people whose radical views are what egged me on in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment